Moments of Beauty and Gratitude

Oh hello, gang. Please forgive me for not posting sooner.

Life is busy for all of us this time of year, yes?

I hope that your life is full of celebrations right now. It is the season for graduations, weddings, holidays. and vacations.

I hope you are surrounded by loved ones and laughter.

I hope that we can avoid over scheduling ourselves and allow for some restorative moments and simple pleasures. Toes in the grass or the sand, face to the sun or the showers.

I hope that during these moments of joy we can remember to pause and savor. Take a deep breath and a few heartbeats to consciously etch this moment into our memory bank.

I hope that as we are fully present in these moments of joy we feel gratitude blossom in our heart.

It's that simple. Moments of beauty are everywhere - if we but pause and look.

This pausing business is a wonderful habit to develop. In some villages in Tibet a bell is rung randomly throughout the day and at that moment everyone pauses, becomes fully present and looks at the present moment.

Ding! 

Look up from the screen.  Look around, take 3 breaths. Do it, I'll wait.

There. See anything good?

I saw a sticky dining room table, 3 dirty bowls, 1 dirty plate, a full laundry basket and then the face of my son.

Ah-ha.

There it was. The good stuff.

Although he then informed me his newest lego creation was shooting fire at me and the moment was lost. But the moment had been there, all I had to do was look.

Let us fill our days with these moments, gang. Let's fill our memory banks with beautiful moments.

Be happy, be grateful.

Ding! 











Comments

Popular Posts