On Practicing What We Preach

Alternate title for this blog post: Oh My Aching Back

Why hello there, gang!

I missed you most terribly last week.  I hope you had a wonderful holiday filled with laughter, love, and light (in the form of sparklers and fireworks of course).

I had a lovely vacation, thank you. 

My arrival at home was unfortunately marred by an epic back spasm that left me quite crippled today.

The transition from soft vacation mattress to extremely firm home mattress and the 2.5 hour car ride is to be blamed.

But not entirely ... 

Did you practice yoga while you were away, Melissa?

Not even a little? 

But at least you've consistently put yourself through the Pilates work that keeps your somewhat grouchy back strong and  healthy since you opened Thrive, right?

Melissa! For shame! 

Oh this is what folks like to call a reality check, right friends? A comeuppance, if you will.

I have been remiss in my self care.

With a business to build, children to chase, and a myriad of other responsibilities and stressors ... this is what happens.

I know this.  I know this. And yet, here I am.Panaway.  Medicine, Heating pad. Frustration.

We all do this, don't we?

Why? 

We know what's good for us, and still, we let everything else take precedence.

Well, no more!

I am no good to anyone when I am crippled and miserable, and neither are you.

Let us put on our own oxygen masks first, just like the stewardesses tell us.

I will if you will. And I'd appreciate if you would all hold me accountable.

"Hey Melissa - did you  get your pilates and yoga in this week?"

I hope I'll be able to tell you that I did.

And I hope you'll do the same.

Take care of yourselves, my friends.




Comments

Popular Posts