Excema Salve

My poor little son suffers mightily with excema.

We've tried every single over the counter remedy and even some prescription medication without much success.

In fit of frustration I recently slathered him in some homemade lip balm I had made for Christmas. To my great surprise, I thought he looked a teeny bit better the next day.

So I scoured the internet and today made an excema balm for him.

Here's the recipe:

3 tablespoons beeswax pellets
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup carrier oil (I used olive oil because it's what I had in the cabinet)
5 drops lavender essential oil
5 drops bergamot oil
5 drops tea tree oil

Hard to measure. 

Easy to measure. 

Place everything except the essential oils into a small pot and slowly melt over low heat.

Your patience will be rewarded.

Stir.

Remove from heat and add essential oils.


Pour liquid into a clean, glass container and allow to solidify. 

I tried some on me first and it felt great on my hands. 

Next I'll spot test on the little guy and hopefully we'll be using it and seeing improvement soon!

I'll keep you posted!

Comments

Popular Posts