Week Seven!

Yikes - seven weeks in! Nearly two months under our belt and hopefully nearing the end of this endless, snowy winter!

This week was such a wonderful week. Thanks, in part, to our promotion on Couptopia our classes are starting to fill up.

What I love most about this promotion is that the low cost allows people who are new to yoga, barre, or pilates, or timid about it, to give us a shot without a huge investment.

This week I was reminded how much I love to teach yoga to newcomers. I love to listen as breaths go from shallow to deep. I love the sighs. I love to watch shoulders relax. I love to watch new folks let go of looking around, let go of "What am I supposed to be doing?" and just settle into a pose and let it feel good in their body.  I love helping people relax and let go.

But then guys, just when I'm loving my brand new yogis - wonderful, flexible, strong, experienced yogis show up, too and they are just as much fun to teach. With them, I can offer slight variations, binds, and subtle tweaks.  I can push them a little, watch them soar.

Just when I think I can't love my yogis any more - the prenatal ladies show up. Oh my heart. Working with pregnant women is an exercise in joy for me. The bellies are beautiful - I find myself distracted by the absolute beauty while they hold a posture. I feel so privileged to witness them as they travel through this period of intense transition. I am honored to help prepare them for birth and motherhood.  I feel humbled, and profoundly grateful.

Owning and operating Thrive is not all yogi-love and sunshine - certainly not. But this week, I was feeling the love. Every time I turned around, someone stepped on a mat and made my day. They're also trying out barre - laughing, sweating and generally having a great time. They're coming to Pilates - moving, breathing and living well.

When it comes to fitness - whatever you're doing - you're awesome. Every step on the journey is beautiful and profound. Just keep at it. Newcomers - enjoy the experience - you'll never get to be new and without expectation again. Experienced folks - know that you inspire others with your dedication.

A huge thank you to everyone who stepped in our studio this week. You bring us such joy! 

Comments

Popular Posts