Dollars and Sense

Oh, hi!

It sure is lovely to chat with you again.

Where have we been?

Well as you may know (but I hope you do not) Sept. 15th is the end of a tax quarter and we have been buried in spreadsheets, receipts, and endless emails with our beleaguered accountant.

The good news is, we have emerged. We may have suffered tight shoulders, aching backs, headaches and overall computer-induced grogginess, but we have made it through.

I found it ironic that the first few weeks of Yoga Month found me hunched over my computer, forehead wrinkled, jaw clenched, and shoulders north of my ears.

In the end though, yoga is always willing to meet me where I'm at.

So, I brought my stiff, grouchy, stressed body to my mat. Again and again.

I brought my attention back to my breath. Again and again.

I shuttled my restless, relentless thoughts into the waiting room of my mind. Again and again.

And I know this will be no surprise to you, beloved friends - but my practice soothed the aches of my body and eased the stress of my mind. Again and again.

Isn't that a wee little miracle, my friends?

There most certainly have been times in my life when I might have turned to chocolate, chips, or TV to cope during stressful and difficult times - but in the end I wasn't soothed or healed by traveling that path.

My practice was slow and simple. My breath deep and full. I was not standing on my head or assuming instagram-worthy binds and backbends.

And yet that was enough. 

Isn't that yet another wee little miracle? The simple practice is enough. Enough to heal mind, body and spirit.

The truth of yoga is that the practice starts right where you are at. Right now. And, even in the most basic poses and movements, it is transformative. 

Come as you are.

Receive what you need.

Leave feeling renewed. 

Even during tax season.

Comments

Popular Posts