Feeding the Soul

Why hello there, friend. Are you enjoying these gorgeous fall days?

Us, too!

An extra blanket at night. A cup of hot tea. Fuzzy socks.

I love all the cozy comforts of autumn in New England, but last week I was faced with a dilemma.

I arrived home after a morning at the studio and felt that it was much too cold for my usual lunch - a frosty, green smoothie.

What's a hungry yogi to do?

Soup of course!



Into my biggest pot went a bit of olive oil and all the veggies at my disposal: onion, garlic, green pepper, celery, carrots, zucchini. A bit of salt and pepper, a sprinkling of garlic and onion powder.  

After a few minutes of fragrant sizzling - a large container of low salt chicken stock went in, and a can of low salt diced tomatoes. 

This lovely mix came to a boil and simmered away until the  vegetables were tender. During the last 5 minutes of cooking in went a bunch of baby kale, some green beans and a can of drained, rinsed, red kidney beans. 

Oh it was good! Tasty, cozy, warm and just what I needed. 

In the essence of full disclosure I managed to consume this entire pot within a few days... and have made several additional pots since this first one! 

I have thrown in all kinds of leftover veggies - all delicious. The roasted brussel sprouts made the soup phenomenal if I do say so myself. 

Here's to a lovely autumn of soup worthy days! 

Comments

Popular Posts