Week Two

Two whole weeks under our belt here at Thrive!

So much to learn, so much to do. 

For me, so much this week was about letting go. There is literally too much for us to do alone - but this is not a problem. This is, in fact, awesome.

We are surrounded by giving, loving, talented people who, when given the opportunity, are each able to add something special to Thrive. 

Thoughtful, meaningful gifts line our shelves and walls. They are not only beautiful decor but also create a sense of community and connection. With their gifts, our clients, friends, and family have literally helped to create Thrive. Sure, we could have bought things with which to decorate - but they wouldn't be nearly as perfect. Thrive exists and is beautiful because of the people who believe in it. 


People have also supported us with the gift of their time and hard work. 

I know this may come as a shock, but I'm not particularly skilled with hammers, drills, saws and the like. There was that time I hit myself in the face with a wrench

And though I am mighty, I frequently find myself attempting to move objects that are outside the scope of my lifting abilities. 

So, some absolutely fabulous people have stepped up in a huge way. Building, assembling, hammering, hauling and going with me to make Craig's list purchases (always an adventure).




We are so blessed.



Pilates wedge $250 plus shipping ...
unless you have a bomb uncle and auntie willing to make you one.

 

People have also been giving of their knowledge and experience. Each piece of advice, inspiring idea and lesson learned is so important as we muddle our way through these early days. 


Finally, after much difficulty,
"Will that be cash or charge?"

And then of course there's people talking about us. Telling a friend. Sharing, commenting, and liking on Facebook. We can advertise, but no advertisement is as effective as a happy, vocal supporter. 

I frequently feel overwhelmed but, every time I do, someone steps in to help in some way or another, and I feel so profoundly supported. 
 
So thank you, thank you. Thank you.
 
For me, life is about our connections to one another. It is humbling and inspiring to watch Thrive become our place. We are in it together and man, it's becoming a great place.  

Comments

Popular Posts